The Academic Paediatrics Association (GBI) is committed to the promotion of Academic Paediatrics and Child Health, open to all levels of clinical and non-clinical academic staff, and those with NHS appointments, who are actively involved in research and teaching related to paediatrics and child health in the UK and Eire. The aims of the Association are to promote excellence in research relevant to child health and to support the teaching of paediatrics by:
- Engaging in advocacy for the discipline of academic paediatrics
- Strengthen children’s biomedical and health services research in the UK
- Support paediatricians and non-clinicians engaged in child health research
- Support paediatric academic trainees
- Supporting clinical trainees who wish to acquire research experience
- Developing a strategy for recruitment and retention of academic paediatricians
- Mentoring academic trainees and providing career advice
- Supporting and developing academic training and training opportunities
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- Contributing to the maintenance of undergraduate and postgraduate academic standards by providing academic advice to educational, professional and regulatory bodies
- Acting as a nominating body for Clinical Excellence and Distinction Awards
President: Professor Nicholas Bishop
Secretary: Professor Howard Clark
Treasurer: Professor Richard Grundy
Become an APA Member
Benefits of becoming a member:
- Access to the United Kingdom's representative body for Academic Paediatric Practice
- Updated information on conferences, policies and documents relevant to Paediatric academia
- A discussion forum protected just for APA members
- The latest training and assessment information
- Join developing research and regional networks
- Membership costs £40 per year post CCT and £20 per year pre CCT. Please click the button below and you will be asked to input some basic details. You will then be able to download a direct debit form. Please return this lower portion of the form to your bank and the upper part to the address indicated (this enables APA to have a hard copy of your membership details). Once this form is received full access to the site will be granted.
NEONATAL SUMMER MEETING 23-24 June
Anglo-French Neonatal Societies Meeting, Clare College, Cambridge
Final reminder for APA conference 14-15 April, Liverpool
Final reminder for APA conference
This is a final reminder that the APA conference 2016 is fast approaching. It is taking place in Liverpool at the Institute in the Park at the new Alder Hey Hospital, on 14-15th April.
Reminder - 4th Annual Academic Paediatric Association (APA) Meeting, 14th & 15 of April, book your place now!
Extended Abstract deadline: 5pm on 18 MARCH 2016
No General Public information available.